Applications invited for the position of Associate Dean (Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care)
Morling College has been offering transformative education for over 100 years. The College exists to equip and shape Christ-centered followers to impact the world. Morling College is an accredited Higher Education provider with the Tertiary Education Quality & Standards Agency (TEQSA) for their Counselling, Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care suite of post-graduate awards.
Morling College is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified person to take operational leadership responsibility for the Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care discipline area situated within the Faculty of Counselling, Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care. The Associate Dean (Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care) is accountable to the Dean Counselling, Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care, working closely with the Associate Dean (Counselling) in the day-to-day running of their respective discipline areas. This position currently equates to 0.6 FTE.
The successful applicant will:
- Share the Christian Beliefs, Values and Vision of Morling College
- Hold a Masters level qualification in chaplaincy or a related discipline (e.g. counselling, ministry, psychology, education, social work)*
- Demonstrate experience in teaching at a tertiary level
- Demonstrate relevant leadership skills and practical experience in Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care (minimum of 7 years relevant professional experience, with at least 3 of those years at a senior level)
- Have a high level of interpersonal communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing research and professional development in chaplaincy and/or related disciplines
- Demonstrate a commitment to advancing the Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care Industry
*Applicants with doctoral level qualifications, undertaking doctoral level studies or willing to engage in doctoral studies will be favourably considered.
Applications are to include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV.
To obtain further details regarding this position and/or submit an application, please contact Margaret Welch, Acting Dean Counselling, Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care at email@example.com
Applications for this position close on Friday 25 October 2019.
It is envisaged that the role would commence in January 2020.