To provide strategic direction in the area of IT infrastructure and systems, including liaising with key stakeholders to translate business needs into IT priorities, in order to improve our service and delivery as a College. Responsibilities include:
- Supervising the System Administrator’s responsibilities
- Strategic Management
- Network Administration & Support
- Infrastructure & Hardware Administration
- Security & Risk Management
The position is ultimately accountable to the Principal of Morling College. For daily reporting and activities, this position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
The role is full time (38 hours per week). Flexible working hours can be negotiated. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, however occasionally there will be work outside of normal office hours.
This position is covered by the Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award and is graded at Staff Level 8 – 9.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Commitment to Christian faith, values and community
- At least 5 years of experience in a range of desktop applications, network support and administration tools.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in system administration including user account administration.
- Excellent knowledge of strategic management, information analysis and hardware/software solutions
- 2 years of Project Management experience.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of people – co-workers, vendors, leadership, and students
- Good written and verbal communication
- A professional and positive approach to work
- Willingness to work flexible hours and prioritise appropriately during peak workload periods.
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills
- Experience in staff management
- 5 years of proven experience in an I.T. Management position
- Understanding of the Australian Tertiary Education sector
- Knowledge of a wide range of desktop equipment and mobile devices
- Proven experience in e-mail server administration (preferably Google suite)
- Experience in running a Helpdesk.
- Experience in Azure sync administration
- Recent experience with network security
- Exposure to system architecture development
- Experience with Linux administration
- Exposure to Moodle (LMS)
- Experience with SalesForce CRM
- Experience migrating to cloud
- Project Management certification.
Full Job Descriptions are available on request to Peter McCrindle (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chief Operating Officer.
Applications with CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria can be emailed to Peter McCrindle (email@example.com), Chief Operating Officer by 17 June 2019.
Suitable applicants will be notified of an interview in the week beginning the 17 June 2019. Both roles will have work available from the end of June 2019.
Applicants may apply for both the IT Manager and Senior Systems Administrator roles with a single application.