Applications are invited for the position of Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care Lecturer.
Morling College is a registered Higher Education Provider (HEP) with campuses in NSW and WA, offering Biblically grounded, quality education and training in the areas of Education, Counselling, Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care, Professional Supervision and Theology. The team at Morling are diverse in culture, gender, language, spiritual gifting and church background. We are a dynamic, creative and colourful group of people who seek to love God with all that we are. We invite you to experience the richness of a united, yet diverse community at Morling College.
As part of our organisation, we have a Faculty of Counselling, Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care (CCSC). CCSC's objective is to provide expert discipline related education at Morling College. We are committed to the integration of faith and professional practice as central to our educational ethos.
To start as soon as possible, this Lecturer within our CCSC faculty will contribute to the achievement of the faculty objective through their involvement in teaching, research and/or professional practice and their contribution to curriculum and pedagogy development. This role is expected to make an outstanding contribution to all activities of the faculty.
The Lecturer will be primarily responsible for the successful delivery of units from the available unit offerings within the Faculty of Counselling, Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care. The role also includes requirements for administration, participation in the life of the College, research/scholarship and/or academic professional development activities. This position is for an eligible religious practitioner who undertakes duties primarily and directly related to the practice, teaching or propagation of religious beliefs. There is an expectation that in addition to their role at Morling College, lecturers will also be engaged in professional practice in their field of expertise.
This position equates to 0.5FTE with a salary of $50,000 to $51,000 per annum. Exempt Benefits are available for this position.
Lecturers in CCSC are required to be available to teach at the times required in the academic timetable and may involve evening and/or weekend lectures. The approximate proportions of the role allocated to its primary components across a four-year period (assuming a semester’s worth of study leave) are as follows:
- 65% teaching and related activities
- 20% administration, community engagement and general professional development
- 15% research/scholarship and/or academic professional development activities
- Please apply directly on SEEK with a cover letter briefly responding to the Key Attributes required and a recent CV
- We reserve the right to employ at any stage if a suitable candidate is identified
1. Preparation and Teaching of Classes
- As determined by the College, normally within the field of Counselling, Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care or Professional Supervision.
- Preparing content of lectures and learning materials for online and/or on-campus delivery.
- Teaching students in a way which enables them to meet their academic and ministry formation objectives.
2. Research, Writing, Scholarship and/or Academic Professional Development Activity
- Ongoing active involvement in research, writing and scholarship activities and/or academic professional development activities relevant to field of expertise in accordance with Morling College Policy.
3. Representation and Engagement with Students and Key Stakeholders
- The College operates on an “open door policy” that encourages interaction between students and faculty.
- Course advising, appropriate pastoral care of existing students.
- Interviewing future students and answering questions in their application process.
- Representing the College throughout the Baptist denomination and beyond, through deputation and other speaking engagements.
- Representing the College on bodies / committees. Where such duties are unusually heavy, reductions to teaching load may be granted.
4. Participation in the Life of the College
It is expected that the Lecturer will be part of the College community and will be involved in the life of the College across all campuses. This will include:
- Attendance at staff team meetings
- Attendance at Chapel services, including preaching or leading as required.
- Involvement in College events and lunchtimes with staff and students
- Qualification equal to Masters in Chaplaincy or a related discipline (Bible, Ministry, Theology, Pastoral Care)
- Biblical Knowledge evidenced by theological education or equivalent experience
- Christian ministry experience in the relevant field of teaching
- Demonstrate experience in teaching at a tertiary level
- Demonstrate current practice experience in Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care (minimum of 7 years relevant professional experience, with at least 3 of those years at a senior level)
- Demonstrated Christian character and active involvement in a local evangelical church
- Alignment of personal values, beliefs and practices with the mission and Christian ethos of Morling College
- Agreement with the NSW Baptist Statement of Beliefs (with any reservations clearly stated and explained at interview)
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing research and professional development in chaplaincy and/or related disciplines
- Demonstrate a commitment to advancing the Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care
- Willingness to embrace a culture of shared evangelical conviction and gracious, respectful disagreement on other matters
- Strong organisational skills
- High level of interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Doctoral qualifications or be willing to commence doctoral studies in Chaplaincy or a related discipline
Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with:
- Career advancement and skills development opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
- A happy and positive inclusive team culture
- Free on-site parking
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Access to Employee Assistance Program Support: Our employees are encouraged to use this free short-term, confidential counselling service if they are experiencing emotional stress, relationship problems, conflict with others or personal issues. Also includes financial coaching, nutritional support and legal referral