The Library Shelver is responsible for shelving library materials, shelf maintenance, performing clerical tasks, and keeping the library orderly. They also provide customer service to library users.
This role would suit a student librarian/technician, or someone interested in libraries and their operation. Training will be provided.
- Please apply directly on SEEK with a cover letter briefly responding to the Key Attributes required and a recent CV.
- We reserve the right to employ at any stage if a suitable candidate is identified.
The position is accountable to the National Director of Library Services based at Gilbert Wright Library.
The Library Shelver will work in our Gilbert Wright Library which is located on our Sydney campus in Macquarie Park.
To start as soon as possible, this role is casual and seasonal. The shifts are predominately solo shifts, so while this role is part of a larger team most of the work will be conducted alone.
During the semester, the Library Shelver would be required to work one weeknight until 10pm and alternating Saturdays.
This role is paid at $27 - $32 per hour according to the Educational Services (Post-Secondary) Award 2010, General Staff Level 1.1.
- Previous experience in Library services
- Demonstrated Christian character and active involvement in a local church
- Alignment of personal values, beliefs and practices with the mission and Christian ethos of Morling College
- Excellent literacy skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Responsible and able to stay ‘on task’ unsupervised
- Learns quickly
- Effective communication skills
- inclusive team culture
- A job that you love, and that enhances people's lives through education
- A good package with a great company
- Immersing yourself in a fun and stimulating learning environment