Applications are invited for the ongoing part-time role of Library Technician at our Gilbert Wright Library on the Sydney campus in Macquarie Park, Sydney.
This role of this Library Technician is to work closely with the Librarian to enable the operations and the library space to function well and to be responsive to our student and staff needs. They are also responsible for acquiring library materials, managing the library collection and providing quality customer service to users of the Library.
The ideal applicant will be highly motivated, flexible and have demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
The role is a 0.5 FTE position 16-19 hours per week as agreed with the Library Manager.
Start date: we are seeking to fill the role as soon as possible.
The Library Technician is responsible for:
- Providing library services and support for the Morling Community
- Maintaining the condition of the collection
- Learning the duties of the other Library Technician to work as a fill-in when they are away
- Assisting the Library Manager to oversee the operations of the Library
- Being involved in campus life
Applications should be addressed to Gabrielle Fury, Library Manager and include:
- a cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position and when you would be available to start, and
- a current CV or resume
and should be emailed to email@example.com
Applications close on 19 February 2021.
Morling College reserves the right to interview and employ a suitable applicant/s prior to this date.