Applications invited for the position of Pastoral & Spiritual Care Worker - Morling Residential College.
Morling College is seeking to appoint a suitable person as the Pastoral & Spiritual Care Worker - Morling Residential College.
Morling Residential College (MRC) is part of Morling College (a Baptist Theological College) in Sydney’s North-Western suburbs. MRC provides accommodation to 100 residents in the MRC tower block, and to approximately 70 residents in Morling Village. Students primarily come from Macquarie University and Morling College although this is not exclusive. The community is very diverse and come from a range of different faith backgrounds.
The MRC staff team comprises of the Dean of Residential Students, administrative staff, Residential Assistants and the Pastoral & Spiritual Care Worker.
The role is:
- permanent part-time (1.5 days per week);
- served as an open term;
- to be reviewed annually, with a probationary period of 6 months.
- Provide appropriate pastoral support and care for all residents and staff, in a way that is sensitive to the various faith traditions represented;
- Oversee the provision of positive gospel witness available to all residents in the community, enhancing each resident’s understanding and appreciation of the cultural and religious backgrounds of their neighbours;
- Disciple Christians within the community who want to engage with the Christian faith, encouraging and activating their involvement in missional activities within the building, and supporting them through their own life journeys and experiences;
- Support and train staff and residential leaders in the provision of pastoral and spiritual care to students.
- Work collaboratively with Morling College and Macquarie Baptist Church to facilitate increased opportunities for student engagement and interaction with the Christian faith.
This role would suit a person who loves people and diversity, enjoys trying new things, is passionate about sharing their faith in a small community context, and who is willing to be adaptable and flexible to reach out to an ever changing cohort of students.
The Pastoral and Spiritual Care worker reports to the Dean of Residential Students, under the overall leadership of the Morling College Principal and the final oversight of the Morling College Board. The pastoral staff of Macquarie Baptist Church are also available to provide the Pastoral and Spiritual Care worker with ministry support, resourcing and encouragement to ensure the Pastoral and Spiritual Care Worker feels adequately supported in their role.
Applications are to include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV. Applications should be addressed to Fiona Reid, Dean of Residential Students and emailed to email@example.com.
Applications for this position close at midday (Sydney time) on Monday 3rd February 2020.