Morling College is a registered Higher Education Provider (HEP) with campuses in NSW and WA, offering biblically grounded, quality education and training. The team at Morling are a dynamic, creative and colourful group of people who seek to love God with all that we are. We invite you to experience the richness of this united, yet diverse community at Morling College.
To start as soon as available, the relatively new Senior Quality and Compliance Officer role forms an integral part of the Quality, Policy and Compliance team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to develop the role further in terms of compliance and quality assurance practices across the organisation.
In addition to being the key contact in terms of compliance, it is expected that the role will integrate Morling’s compliance obligations into the day-to-day activities of its staff, overseeing a compliance framework that impacts on the whole of the organisation. The role is also expected to implement an integrated quality assurance system, work with the Leadership Team and other heads of departments to affect cultural change, develop evidence-based approaches to education and business activities and further develop continuous improvement practices, such as innovation programs.
The role provides a lot of flexibility in terms of its specific tasks with a vision for it to evolve in the future to include greater oversight and team leadership.
Ideally, the role will be located either at the NSW or WA campus but for the right person, can be negotiated to be carried outside of these areas as long as the person is flexible, highly IT competent and able to travel when required.
This is a full-time role (1FTE) and is based on level 7-9 of the Education Services (Post-Secondary) Award. Morling offers a competitive salary above award rates with a salary of $70,504.17 - $83,952.83 pro-rata per annum, depending on qualifications and experience.
In your application, please include:
- Please apply by emailing email@example.com with a cover letter briefly responding to the Key Attributes required and a recent CV
We reserve the right to employ at any stage if a suitable candidate is identified.
- Coordinating compliance activities across Morling College departments
- Training staff and overseeing continuous improvement processes
- Further developing Morling’s quality assurance system
- Contributing to the Strategic Planning of the College, including advising Morling’s Leadership Team on strategic matters relating to quality and compliance
- Assisting with business planning and MoU development, being a key representative in Morling’s third-party relationships
- Participating in the life of the College, such as attending meetings and College events
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualifications in compliance, governance, quality auditing, or other relevant area
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of regulatory obligations for institutions of higher education, including obligations and practical applications under the following legislated instruments:
- Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) Act 2011 (Cth)
- Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021 (Cth)
- Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth)
- Higher Education Provider Guidelines 2012 (Cth)
- FEE-HELP Guidelines 2017 (Cth) and the guidance provided by the Higher Education Administrative Information for Providers (AIP)
- Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 (Cth)
- ESOS Regulations 2019 (Cth)
- National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students (National Code) 2018 (Cth)
- Understanding of the TCSI reporting portal and associated FEE-HELP reporting protocols and guidelines
- Understanding of Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) funding, and its effective management at a Student Services level
Skills, Character and Qualities
- Demonstrated Christian character and active involvement in a local evangelical church
- Alignment of personal values, beliefs and practices with the mission and Christian ethos of Morling College
- Ability to train, lead and mentor others in terms of compliance and quality assurance matters.
- Effective communicator and intermediary between departments where compliance and quality assurance tasks may impact a wide range of persons
- Outstanding time management skills with an ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deliver on time
- Commitment to continuous improvement with ability to initiate and successfully negotiate change
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a digital workspace
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of regulatory obligations for workplaces, including working knowledge of related legislated instruments, such as areas relating to workplace health and safety, human resources, accessibility, and other operational matters
- Experience in business development activities, preferably within a higher education context, including the development and implementation of management systems
- A working knowledge of relevant Australian and International standards and their significance
- Postgraduate qualifications in relevant area
- Qualifications in theological studies
- Knowledge and experience with RTO compliance and course registration requirements
- Career advancement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Competitive remuneration
- Opportunities to travel interstate
- A positive and inclusive team culture
- The opportunity to make an impact