The Senior System Administrator will provide IT related services to students, teaching staff and administration staff within the College. The System Administrator will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of enterprise ICT systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The role will also be responsible for managing/directing of junior staff when appropriate, dealing with 3rd party vendors, policy writing support and project management as directed by the IT Manager.
The position is ultimately accountable to the Principal of Morling College. For daily reporting and activities, this position will report to the IT Manager.
The role is full time (38 hours per week). Flexible working hours can be negotiated. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however occasionally there will be work outside of normal office hours.
This position is covered by the Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award and is graded at Staff Level 6.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Christian commitment and character.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Systems Administrator covering:
- Windows 10 operating systems.
- Network administration experience
- Windows Server Environments with Active Directory, Print Server Administration, RADIUS Authentication.
- Google suite administration
- Audio-Visual technology operations
- Formal IT qualifications, Microsoft Certification and work experience in an education facility are highly desirable.
- Ability to initiate and develop strong working relationships with a variety of people i.e. faculty, administrative staff, students and other stakeholders.
- Experience with:
- Enterprise Wireless, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, VLAN's over multiple hardware vendors
- VOIP phones
- MS and MySQL database management
- Working with security applications/products (such as anti-virus. malware, firewalls).
- Campus Access control management
Full Job Descriptions are available on request to Peter McCrindle (firstname.lastname@example.org), Cheif Operating Officer.
Applications with CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria can be emailed to Peter McCrindle (email@example.com), Chief Operating Officer by 17 June 2019.
Suitable applicants will be notified of an interview in the week beginning the 17 June 2019. Both roles will have work available from the end of June 2019.
Applicants may apply for both the IT Manager and Senior Systems Administrator roles with a single application.