Want to include focussed study in the area/s of Kids, Youth and Family Ministrry, as part of your degree?
Introducing young people and their families to God and helping them learn to follow Jesus is an awesome responsibility. At Morling we are eager to do all we can to help and equip you and your team to carry out that ministry with wisdom, vision and creativity.
Below is a list of subjects that you might want to take as part of your Ministry or Theology degree, if you are interested in Kids, Youth and/or Family Ministry.
Units in this area of study are available on-campus and online, as well as some being offered as on-campus intensives.
Kids, Youth & Family Ministry Units:
- Introduction to Children’s Ministry (DM320/520)
- Australian Families & the Church (DM430/630)
- Adolescent Development (DM412/612)
- Ministry with Non-Church Youth (DM413/613)
- Field Education (PC444/644)
- Chaplaincy Skills (PC452/652)*
- IMPACT (Kids & Youth Ministry Certificate)
* (this unit includes the modules on mental health and referral that are compulsory requirements for chaplains employed under the government funded school chaplaincy scheme)
See what units are available this year HERE
For students wanting to complete units for credit towards a diploma or degree, the cost is the standard per-unit fee for a single subject at Morling.
How to Apply
Contact us to find out more or to apply!
Diploma of Ministry
If you wish to study for academic credit, at undergraduate level, you can complete eight subjects (one year f/t, or up to four years p/t) for a Diploma of Ministry, choosing from the following options:
- Two or more units of Bible introduction (eg New Testament - NT301/NT302, Old Testament - OT301/OT302);
- One or more units of Theology (eg Foundational Christian Beliefs - TH305), Ethics/Apologetics (eg Christian Ethics - PE301) or Christianity in History (eg Church History - CH301/CH302);
- Two or more units of Ministry and Practice (eg Australian Families & The Church - DM430, Intro to Children's Ministry - DM320, SENT Church Planting Cert - PC444, Pastoral Leadership - PC419, Ministry Formation - PC301, Pastoral Care - PC402, Evangelism - EM324, Cross-Cultural Communication - EM308, Youth Development - DM412, Chaplaincy Skills - PC452);
- Up to three elective units of your choice
Dip Min graduates can continue their studies via a BMin degree if they wish to.
Graduate Diploma of Divinity
If you have a prior degree and wish to study at graduate level, you can complete eight subjects (one year f/t, or up to four years p/t) for a Graduate Diploma of Divinity, choosing from the following options:
- Two or more units of Bible introduction (eg New Testament - NT501/NT502, Old Testament - OT501/OT502);
- One or more units of Theology (eg Foundational Christian Beliefs - TH505), Ethics/Apologetics (eg Christian Ethics - PE501) or Christianity in History (eg Church History - CH501/CH502);
- Up to five elective units of your choice (eg Australian Families & The Church - DM630, Intro to Children's Ministry - DM520, SENT Church Planting Cert - PC644, Pastoral Leadership - PC619, Ministry Formation - PC501, Pastoral Care - PC602, Evangelism - EM524, Cross-Cultural Communication - EM508, Youth Development - DM612, Chaplaincy Skills - PC652).
Grad Dip Div graduates can continue their studies via an MDiv or MMin if they wish to.
Next Starting date: February 2019