5 June 2020
Encore is an initiative of Morling College, held on Friday mornings, that is designed for people who are retired or no longer working full-time to continue learning about God with like minded people. There are no academic requirements or assessments for Encore. Every new stage of life has its challenges and possibilities and it is in an open learning environment that people bring their life experience, skills & knowledge to explore the following areas:
- Engaging Bible teaching – challenging your own journey with God
- Asking the tough questions – about life’s big issues
- Faith in action – in your family, communities, local and overseas
What does Encore look like?
The program has a mix of lecture-style presentations and more discussion based seminars. We are blessed with wonderful speakers from our faculty, local churches and beyond. No matter what the style we hope that each week of Encore will enrich you with information and inspiration.
Each Friday morning will have the same structure:
- 9.45 - 9.50am - Welcome, prayer and announcements
- 9.50 - 10.45am - Session 1 (usually Bible Teaching)
- 10.45 - 11.05am - Morning Tea
- 11.05 - 12noon - Session 2 (usually a Topical Session)
Semester 1, 2020 - BIBLE SESSIONS: Empowered Church (The Book of Acts)
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
The book of Acts gives us a dramatic account of what happened when the followers of Jesus were empowered by the Holy Spirit. Be inspired as we explore together how the story of the early church informs and transforms our identity, purpose and courage as gathered followers of Christ.
Semester 1, 2020 - TOPICAL SESSIONS: Empowered Life
“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7
As followers of Jesus we are empowered by God’s Holy Spirit to serve Him and others. As we share our stories of faith and witness we can be encouraged and motivated to follow Christ with confidence and reliance on his power and wisdom.
SEMESTER 1, 2020 DATES:
- 28 February
- 6 March
- 13 March
- 20 March
- 27 March
- 3 April
- 1 May
- 8 May
- 15 May
- 22 May
- 29 May
- 5 June
We have a few options for paying for Encore:
- Pay for the Whole Semester (perfect if you plan to be there every week and it's a little bit cheaper) - Single rate: $90 Couple rate: $145
- Pay for 6 Mornings to be used anytime throughout Semester (perfect if you have a holiday planned or know that you will miss some weeks). - Single rate: $50 Couple rate: $80
- Pay as you go week by week (perfect if you aren't sure of your plans or just want to check out ENCORE to see if it suits you) - Single rate: $10/week per person
We aim to keep costs low so that you can attend whatever you financial situation. Please let us know if you would like to attend but do not have the finances to be able to come - we don't want you to miss out!
LOCATION: Morling College, 122 Herring Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113 - Morling Residential College. Access via Saunders Close
PRICE: $10.00 - $145.00
PURCHASE TICKETS:View Cart