APPLYING TO STUDY AT MORLING COLLEGE
Morling College is excited to be a provider of higher education to students from all around the world in the areas of Bible, Ministry, Theology, Education and Counselling. Overseas Students are a valued part of our community, and an important reminder of God’s global mission.
As an Overseas Student at Morling you will be invited to join other like-minded students who are striving to become outstanding leaders. Our students move on to become excellent Christian educators, pastors, counsellors and cross-cultural workers, often returning to their homes and fields to be among the most qualified leaders in their chosen careers.
STUDYING OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
Overseas Students who don't plan to come to Australia to study can undertake Morling's awards in Bible, Mission, Ministry, Theology and Education, through Morling Online, from anywhere in the world.
STUDYING IN AUSTRALIA
Moving to a different country to live and study is a huge decision, and so as you explore these pages please ensure you also read further than this website to learn more about studying and living in Australia.
The Australian Government has many requirements for International Students and so the Study in Australia website (https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/) is a great place to start.
Most students who are not citizens of Australia or New Zealand require a Student Visa in order to study in Australia.
REGISTERED COURSES AT MORLING
Morling College offers a wide range of courses available to Overseas Students, which are registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) and are governed by the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act). The Act, its legislation and National Code, known as the ESOS Framework, are designed to protect the interests of students coming to Australia on a Student Visa. Overseas Students who decide to study in Australia are advised to be familiar with the ESOS Framework.
BIBLE, MISSION, MINISTRY & THEOLOGY
Morling College is an affiliated college of the Australian College of Theology (ACT). Morling College is approved to deliver the following courses of the
Australian College of Theology (CRICOS 02650E) to overseas students:
- Diploma of Christian Studies (CRICOS Course Code: 088086F)
- Diploma of Theology (CRICOS Course Code: 054649A)
- Bachelor of Ministry (CRICOS Course Code: 054670D)
- Bachelor of Theology (CRICOS Course Code: 054676J)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Ministry (CRICOS Course Code: 086274G)
- Graduate Diploma of Divinity (CRICOS Course Code: 054685G)
- Master of Divinity (CRICOS Course Code: 054688E)
- Master of Missional Leadership (CRICOS Course Code: 097030C)
- Master of Theological Studies (CRICOS Course Code: 0100549)
- Doctor of Philosophy (CRICOS Course Code:076015J)
Overseas Students undertaking an accredited course of the Australian College of Theology (ACT) at Morling College should be familiar with the ACT’s Overseas Student Information which contains important details, policies and documents.
Morling College is also an affiliated college of the University of Divinity (CRICOS Provider Code 01037A) and provides the following awards in Higher Degrees by Research:
- Master of Philosophy (CRICOS Course Code: 077752A)
- Master of Theology (Research) (CRICOS Course Code: 096388C)
- Doctor of Philosophy (CRICOS Course Code: 037861E)
- Doctor of Theology (CRICOS Course Code: 011485E)
Overseas Students undertaking an accredited course of the University of Divinity at Morling College should be familiar with the University’s International Student Information.
Morling College (CRICOS Provider Code 03265F) is the registered CRICOS provider of the following postgraduate courses in Counselling:
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling (CRICOS Course Code: 073708D)
- Graduate Diploma of Counselling (CRICOS Course Code: 073709C)
- Master of Counselling (CRICOS Course Code: 073710K)
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for a step by step guide to applying:
CHECK THE ENGLISH ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR COURSE
In order to be able to study at Morling College fluency in English is required and Overseas Students from non-English speaking backgrounds are required to demonstrate their proficiency in the English language by sitting an IELTS Test. For information on IELTS Testing please consult the IELTS website.
Overseas Students undertaking an accredited course of the Australian College of Theology at Morling College can find details of the requirements for English language proficiency assessment in the Admission Policies of the ACT.
Overseas Students undertaking an accredited course of the University of Divinity at Morling College can find details in the University’s English Language Requirements Policy.
A certified copy of an Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Test, not more than two years old, showing satisfactory scores for the level of study you wish to undertake.
UNDERSTAND YOUR FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS
To apply to Morling College, you must have funds available to support yourself and your family whilst you are studying. Please make sure you are aware of your financial obligations across the following areas:
STUDENT TUITION FEES
Tuition Fees for Overseas Students must be paid upfront each semester. This is a requirement of the Australian government. Tuition Fees can be found on our website here.
Overseas Students undertaking an accredited course of the Australian College of Theology at Morling College are advised to read the ACT’s Refund Policy and Agreement for Overseas Students. The ACT’s Administration Fees are included in the unit price of the Tuition Fees outlined in the document above. Overseas Students undertaking an accredited course of the University of Divinity at Morling College are advised to read the University’s Overseas Student Tuition Fees Refund Policy.
COST OF LIVING IN AUSTRALIA
More information on this can be found on our Prepare to Arrive page.
ONCE WE’VE RECEIVED YOUR APPLICATION
- After all application documents have been received we will arrange an interview with you. If you are sending your application from a country outside of Australia, the interview will take place by a landline telephone or skype at an agreed time. If you are in Australia at the time of sending your application the interview will take place in person at Morling College at an agreed time.
- If your application is successful, you will receive an Acceptance Letter and Overseas Students Written Agreement, which you will need to sign and send back to us.
- Once you have returned your signed Written Agreement, you will be invited to enrol in your specific subjects for the upcoming Semester by completing an Enrolment Form. Following the processing of your Enrolment Form, you will receive an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE). This will assist you in apply for your Student Visa.
- Apply for your Student Visa
- Plan your arrival
- Pay your Fees
The necessary application process for your acceptance as a student of Morling College and of obtaining your Student Visa may take some time. If you don’t receive your visa in time to move to Australia before the beginning of a semester then your commencement will need to wait until the following semester.
Most students who are not citizens of Australia or New Zealand require a Student Visa in order to study in Australia. You can apply online for a Student Visa through the website of the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
You are required to complete your course in the time indicated on your Confirmation of Enrolment.
If you have a Student Visa you must study full-time and are permitted to work part-time. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in your visa being cancelled. If this happens you will be required to leave Australia.
All students should read the Student Handbook. Once enrolled all students have access to other forms of the latest news and information via Moodle and a Weekly Student eNewsletter called @Morling.