BAPTIST ACCREDITATION & PASTORAL TRAINING
Morling College is the theological college of pastoral and related ministries for accreditation in NSW and ACT Baptist churches.
At the April Baptist Assembly, 2015 new Baptist Accreditation guidelines were accepted. These new guidelines are being reflected in new processes surrounding Baptist Accreditation and training.
Requirements and further details surrounding Baptist accreditation training and formation will be supplied when contact has been made with the Accreditation Adviser. To get in touch, please email email@example.com and you will be contacted about what pursuing Accreditation involves in study requirements.
PRE-APPLICATION INFORMATION SESSIONS surrounding Baptist Accreditation take place twice in a year and are hosted at the College, with the first session usually held Week 4 of each semester. This is a meeting hosted by the College but conducted in liaison with Ministry Support and Development (MSD) whom represent the Baptist Association.
You must have attended the Pre-Application Information Session to be able to move ahead with accreditation and then be part of a Pre-Accreditation interview. For students who are unable to make this session, due to distance, contact Jenny Case – firstname.lastname@example.org. Remedial arrangements may be possible, or a Skype connection established.
The next Pre-Application information sessions are being held on:
Thursday, 15th August 2019 - 4.30pm to 6.00pm at Morling College (Room - Rogers Room)
If you have attended a Pre-Application Information Session and received the appropriate forms, and are still interested in continuing forward towards Accreditation candidacy then ensure you lodge these completed forms and Pastor's reference as soon as possible so that a time slot can be allocated on a Pre-application interview day. This is the next step in moving forward to receive Baptist Accreditation.
The next set of Pre-Application Interviews is being held at the Baptist Ministry Centre, Epping on:
Tuesday 8th or Wednesday 9th October - time slot between 9am and 5pm
BAPTIST ASSEMBLY AND BAPTIST MINISTER'S ACCREDITATION SERVICE:
Being an accepted Accreditation Candidate means supporting both the Association and other Baptist pastors, so it is important to be part of Association events. If you are an accepted Accreditation Candidate then it would be expected that you attend the May and September Baptist Assemblies, Events and Accreditation Service. This will take place:
September Assembly and Accreditation Service - Saturday, 15 September, 9.30am till 2.30pm (Venue TBA)
For further details and registration for these events refer to the Baptist Association web-site and search in events: https://nswactbaptists.org.au/
OTHER RELATED ACCREDITATION EVENTS:
Refer to the Full Accreditation Guidelines for whether some of these events are mandatory or not as an accepted Accreditation Candidate:
- Creating Safe Spaces– 2 days (Advanced) - Monday 12th August and Monday, 26th August, 2019 9am to 5pm (Morling College - Room MRC1). It is preferred that you have been accepted as an Accreditation Candidate to attend this event but any paid pastoral position would be expected to attend these workshops. This event is conducted by the Ministry Standards Unit of the Baptist Association.
- Marriage Workshop - Friday, 20th September, 9am to 1pm (Morling College - Room MRC 1). You must be accepted as an Accreditation Candidate to attend this event. This event is conducted by the Baptist Association.
- Prepare-Enrich Facilitator Trainer – Monday 5th August, 9am to 1pm (Morling College - Room MRC 1). Contact Keith Mitchell (KeithM@morling.edu.au). The Association states that this must be completed to attain a Marriage license as a Baptist Celebrant and is usually offered in June each year at a reduced rate for College students.
- Annual Accreditation Progress Review - Tuesday 12th or Wednesday 13th June (Morling). This is for accepted Baptist Accreditation Candidates who have not yet had their final interview and approved to progress towards Accreditation. A time slot will be allocated on one of these days for a review of your study progression and current ministry placement. Ensure that you have a developed plan of completing your studies for this meeting.
- Annual Accreditation Luncheon – Friday 11th October 12.30pm to 1.30pm (Morling Dining Room). This is a lunch provided by the College for Accreditation candidates so as to both take opportunity to pray and thank those who will be completing Accreditation studies this year, and to build on networking with other Accreditation candidates for ongoing support and relationship.