Morling offers a variety of scholarships to students (existing and new). These scholarships aim to allow students to focus on their studies and participate in College life by relieving financial pressures that come through tuition fees or living expenses.
The majority of scholarships are awarded in recognition of a student’s sense of vocation and plans for ministry, while others are available to students based on academic achievement or personal circumstances, including financial need.
These scholarships include:
- Toga Scholarship for Full Time Students
- Baptist Foundation Scholarships
- Chaplaincy Scholarship
- Postgraduate Research Fellowship
- International Student Fund
TOGA SCHOLARSHIP FOR FULL TIME STUDENTS
Morling College now has new scholarships provided by Toga (Sponsor).
The scholarship program is designed to give financial support to a current full-time Morling College student, or accepted as a Morling College full-time student, who represents the Morling values in a constructive and empowering way in the community. Economic needs of the student will be a factor. The applicant can be an Australian or overseas student.
There will be two (2) $15,000 per year scholarships. The scholarship is renewal for a maximum of three (3) years but is on a yearly basis for each year. The $15,000 will cover tuition fees and/or accommodation.
The sponsor will be provided with an annual report outlining the progress of successful candidate/s. The student must be doing a fully accredited awarded that includes subjects in areas such as pastoral care, community engagement, leadership and Judeo-Christian worldview values.
The scholarship applications will be overseen annually by the Principal. The successful applicant/s on recommendation of the Principal will be considered by the Morling College Leadership team before a decision is made. The sponsor will be advised of the successful candidate/s.
The scholarship student will be expected to represent Morling publically on the odd occasion if the Principal thinks it is appropriate.
2020 Toga Scholarship Applications Open
- Applicants must download and submit their Application to the principal by 5pm, Friday 24th January 2020 by email to email@example.com
- Economic needs of the student will factor in the decision process.
- Applicants will be considered by the Principal in consultation with the Morling College Leadership Team.
- A decision will be made in January 2020, with applicants and sponsor advised of the outcome.
For more information or to ask any questions about the Toga Scholarship, please contact us.
TOGA SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORMDOWNLOAD HERE
In partnership with another organisation, Morling is thrilled to offer $250, 000 over 5 years in scholarships for those doing postgraduate training in chaplaincy. Two students per year will be chosen to receive up to the equivalent of $25,000 in scholarships each.
For more information and to apply, contact Stuart Adamson at firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
Morling College is pleased to offer 3 scholarships of $15, 000 per annum, for full time (FT) or part time (PT) research students, and the possibility of some work at Morling College (E.g. Tutoring).
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FUND
The International Student Fund aims to fund the training of leaders, disciples and mentors who can then return to their home countries after full time study at Morling College. The fund is aimed at individuals who evidence:
- A clear Christian faith and ongoing spiritual growth
- A passion for God and for people
- A demonstrated ability to lead
- A clear commitment to equipping and discipling other leaders for the growth of the church in their home country.
- A strong recommendation from their local leaders
- An ability to gain acceptance to study at Morling College