Morling offers a variety of scholarships to students (existing and new). These scholarships aim to allow students to focus on their studies and participate in College life by relieving financial pressures that come through tuition fees or living expenses.
The majority of scholarships are awarded in recognition of a student’s sense of vocation and plans for ministry, while others are available to students based on academic achievement or personal circumstances, including financial need.
These scholarships include:
- Toga Scholarship for Full Time Students
- Baptist Foundation Scholarships
- SENT Church Planting Scholarship
- Chaplaincy Scholarship
- Postgraduate Research Fellowship
- International Student Fund
TOGA SCHOLARSHIP FOR FULL TIME STUDENTS
Morling College now has new scholarships provided by Toga (Sponsor).
The scholarship program is designed to give financial support to a current full-time Morling College student, or accepted as a Morling College full-time student, who represents the Morling values in a constructive and empowering way in the community. Economic needs of the student will be a significant factor. The applicant can be an Australian or overseas student.
There will be two (2) $15,000 per year scholarships. The scholarship is renewal for a maximum of three (3) years but is on a yearly basis for each year. The $15,000 will cover tuition fees and/or accommodation.
The sponsor will be provided with an annual report outlining the progress of successful candidate/s. The student must be doing a fully accredited awarded that includes subjects in areas such as pastoral care, community engagement, leadership and Judeo-Christian worldview values.
The scholarship applications will be overseen annually by the Principal. The successful applicant/s on recommendation of the Principal will be considered by the Morling College Leadership team before a decision is made. The sponsor will be advised of the successful candidate/s.
The scholarship student will be expected to represent Morling publically on the odd occasion if the Principal thinks it is appropriate.
2019 Toga Scholarship Applications Open
- Applicants must submit their Application to the principal by 5pm, Friday 21st December 2018 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Economic needs of the student will be a significant factor in the decision process.
- Applicants will be considered by the Principal in consultation with the Morling College Leadership Team.
- A decision will be made in early January 2019, with applicants and sponsor advised of the outcome.
For more information or to ask any questions about the Toga Scholarship, please contact us.
TOGA SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORMDOWNLOAD HERE
SENT CHURCH PLANNING SCHOLARSHIPS
SENT is completed over one year part-time and is practically oriented with an emphasis on action-learning. Students engage in topics such as cultural exegesis, spirituality for missionaries, missional theology, contextualization, pioneering leadership and various church planting models. Participants will explore the challenges unique to church planters. Students will also have the opportunity to be coached as a potential planter and gain experience in a church plant. The certificate is taught by experienced practitioners who will teach theology and application, relevant to the growing field of church planting.
This course is offered at undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate degree levels. For more details on the course, and to apply for SENT, please click here.
If you would like to apply for a scholarship which covers the total tuition fees for SENT, please submit by email a summary of these questions and requirements:
- Why do you feel called to plant a church?
- Where is the context that you would like to plant? Also share why there is a need for more churches in that area and who you are called to serve in that place.
- How would a SENT scholarship help you financially?
- Contact details of a character reference.
The applicant must be enrolled or eligible for study at Morling at the appropriate award level.
Submissions to be sent to Rev Dr Karina Kreminski Lecturer in Missional studies Morling College. email@example.com.
These two scholarships are known as the ‘Liam McHenry’ and ‘The Refuge Church Planters’ scholarships.
In partnership with another organisation, Morling is thrilled to offer $250, 000 over 5 years in scholarships for those doing postgraduate training in chaplaincy. Two students per year will be chosen to receive up to the equivalent of $25,000 in scholarships each.
POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
Morling College is pleased to offer 3 scholarships of $15, 000 per annum, for full time (FT) or part time (PT) research students, and the possibility of some work at Morling College (E.g. Tutoring).
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FUND
The International Student Fund aims to fund the training of leaders, disciples and mentors who can then return to their home countries after full time study at Morling College. The fund is aimed at individuals who evidence:
- A clear Christian faith and ongoing spiritual growth
- A passion for God and for people
- A demonstrated ability to lead
- A sense of vision for specific future ministries back in their own country
- A strong recommendation from their local leaders
- An ability to gain acceptance to study at Morling College